Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

10 July, 2013

First day puasa!!



Assalamualaikum.
yay first day puasa!
I don't feel tired at all. In contrast, I actually feel pretty pumped.
So I woke up in the morning  and drank 1 cup of water,
went downstairs and had 1/2 a grapefruit.
had a plate of brown rice with fried egg and soy sauce (My family's must-have for sahur)

11 hours later of eating nothing and I'm feelin' great.
like I'm invincible and could split boulders, divide seas, walk on fire and split atoms with my bare hands.

My goal is to lose another 7kg this month.
I'm gonna get some help from my best friend.
his name?

"Brown Rice"

Honestly I don't think I would have ever lost the 20 kg's without brown rice.
I keep telling my family
"STOP! white rice is killing ya! spiking your blood sugar levels and causing diabetes! switch to brown rice!"

they just don't wanna.
I guess its hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

So yeah I'm the only person in the family that eats brown rice.
I have to cook up a batch of brown rice for myself, divide them and store them in freezer bags.
sometimes I get too compulsive though,
like I've gotta weigh out precisely 200.25g of rice in each bag.
I get paranoid if it weighs more then that.
Early signs of an eating disorder maybe? I dunno.



This will only last me a week or so :O




as far as taste goes, it has a mild earthy flavour and the texture is different depending on how you cook it.

break-fast is in another hour or so.
gonna go now.

jangan ponteng puasa, Allah nampak!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment