Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

12 July, 2011

Tales of mere existence


Egg?
Egg?
Egg?

yes, egg. something we all know and love.

This is a story of an egg and a girl.

I was over at Mimi's farm for a barbeque
we were excitedly looking at the goats.
 As I turned to give some pallets to a goat, I found a chicken egg!
I then asked Mimi if I could have it, she asked her dad and he said yes!

So, now you have a 14 year old girl that didn't know that she had a fertile chicken egg in her hands.

When I got back home, I put the egg under a table lamp.
yes, lamp! Well, what did you expect? an incubator?
I took two 60W lamps (Credits to IKEA) and put the egg in a container (again, Ikea)
I was obsessed on hatching my egg. Everyday, I would write the report down in a book, to record my findings.

DAY 7
exactly one week after, I started noticing veins.
now you must be thinking, how the heck could I have seen veins in a chicken egg?

simple, a homemade candle light made from a piece of cardboard. smart eh? haha

Day after day, it began to grow.
The network of veins developed.
Such a beautiful sight, knowing you are bringing up a new life form.
I turned the egg a few times a day so that the veins can be fairly distributed on each side.
I remember coming back home from school and being all excited to see my egg.
(This is how expecting mothers must feel like)

DAY 20
after a few days, it died :(
I didn't cry but the disappointment and guilt was certainly present.
He developed a blood ring due to bacteria. The embryo was clearly seen floating in the egg,aimlessly.
Before saying goodbye, I cracked the egg open to see him.
I slowly laid him to rest in a flower pot
In the end, what was left was his cracked shell and my broken heart

No comments:

Post a Comment