Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

25 November, 2012

I wouldn't change a thing



The wind in my face, the sound of her hooves.
The adrenaline rush.
I was uttering the Kalimah Shahadah.
anything could happen.
If I let slip and she suddenly turns left,
I'll die.

I was counting her hoof beats.
1,2,3,4.
1,2,3,4,
1,2,3,4

we were galloping... I couldn't believe it..

I'm no great rider.
I've only fallen 9 times.
whereas my trainer has fallen off nearly 76 times his entire life.
I've only been riding for 13 months, since I was 15.
Others have been riding since they were 4.

but why do I feel so great when I am upon a horse?
because I feel free.

I was 2-pointing the entire time.
I couldn't hear anything else because all sounds were muffled by the wind.
I was so focused.
like I said, one mistake, and I'm dead.
literally.

My foot could accidently come out from the stirrup,
I fall shoulder first,
my whole arm would be broken.
probably even my neck too...

but among all the fears and endless possibilities of how my life could have ended today,


Galloping with Massa was the most beautiful moment of my life.
Nothing could ever change that.
Nothing.


"and so, I thank Allah for still letting me live, and for letting me experience the most beautiful feeling anyone could ever feel, and for giving me courage to take risks. If you never try, you'll never know."

-me






No comments:

Post a Comment